Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Leisurely Sunday




We woke up to a completely quiet house this morning. Both girls were gone and Isaac was hitting the fresh powder at Bogus with his friends. We hardly knew what to do with ourselves. After discussion and a quick shower it was off to coffee, the newspaper and breakfast at the "best-breakfast-ever place" Goldy's downtown. YUM! I forget how much I love to go downtown on Sunday mornings. We lingered long enough to miss church (intentional?) and then took a stroll through Costco in case we were out of something we didn't even know that we needed! Left Costco empty-handed and headed home. We settled in and watched the last disc of season #1 of "Dexter", the Showtime series about a serial killer who kills serial killers. We are watching it on DVD from NetFlix and it is great because I HATE commercials. Brian then decided that we should play a game of Trivial Pursuit. He was still feeling sad about his "loss by a hair" that he had suffered the night before. So....he set up the board, poured us a cold soda and sat down to kick my rear. Alas, it wasn't to be. His last question, for the win, was....."What team did Reggie Jackson play his final game for, in 1987?" Brian instantly said, "the Oakland A's". I asked, "Is that your final answer?" He waffled, thought about it, pondered a bit and then said, "No, I'm am going to say the NY Yankees!" " No!!! It was the A's, you should have gone with your first instinct" I said. The next question was mine, I got it correct and won by a hair.......that's how it always goes when we play, the winner wins by one, we are very evenly matched when it comes to our 80's trivia! I wouldn't have even addressed it here except that I could hear cheering from the computer room.
It was the old school Brett Favre', cheering me on just like I used to do for him on leisurely Sundays, screaming for the "Pack", wearing my foam Cheesehead like a true fan!! He had sensed the trouble I was in and had finally pulled through for me!!!! I will never get rid of you, "BigHead Brett Favre" as long as you continue to stick to the wall and cheer me on in Trivial Pursuit. But.........Go Pittsburgh Steelers, my first and only true love in the NFL, back when Terry Bradshaw (La. Tech) had hair and Franco Harris (Penn State) drove the line like a Mack truck!!! Show the Cardinals the door!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment